In a communique released on March 15th 2016, the Lagos State Government (LASG) unveiled plans to partner with suitable entities on a Public Private Partnership basis for the development of shopping malls, hotels, recreation parks, Zoos, theme parks and residential apartments. The LASG requested that entities with track record express interest in specific sites across the city, which are now available for development.
The effort is part of a Megacity Initiative where Lagos State is pushing to provide infrastructure and facilities that will enable the city cope with its large population.
The sites available include:
Former Falomo Shopping Complex
- Location 1 – Proposals for a world-class low density mixed use residential development on the former Falomo Shopping Complex site (18,070m2). It is important to note that Governor Ambode revoked Afriland’s prospective retail development on this site last year because he believed the concession was grossly detrimental to the interests of the people of the state.
- Location 2 – Proposals for a luxury residential development on a 2,936m2 site along Karimu Giwa Close, off Raymond Njoku Street.
Recreation and Leisure Parks
- Location 1 – Recreation/theme park with educational, entertainment and leisure elements on a 7.836 hectare site along the Oworonshoki/Oshodi Expressway at Anthony Village.
- Location 2 – Leisure park with water sporting activities on a 8 hectare site on the areas abutting the Yaba interchange on Third mainland bridge. The park should also include a commercial-scale boat jetty to provide a gateway for water transportation to increase inter-modal transport in the State.
- Location 3 – Leisure park with retreat and conference facilities on a site measuring 10 hectares along the Epe/Ejirin Road to support the Lekki Free Trade zone nearby.
- Location 1 – Zoological/Botanical garden on a site measuring 51.49 hectares behind Sheraton Hotel, Ikeja running parallel to Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way. Proposals must include a Conservation content that delivers a full-scale zoo.
- Location 2 – 50 hectares of Land for a full-scale Zoo in Epe.
Various sites available to develop shopping malls, hotels and other lifestyle facilities:
- Location 1: Epe – 4 hectares opposite Epe Resort
- Location 2: Ibeju Lekki – 5 hectares
- Location 3: Badagry – 10 hectares
- Location 4: Ikorodu – 3 hectares opposite General Hospital
- Location 5: Ojokoro – 3 hectares
- Location 6: Gbagada – 9 hectares
- Location 7: Oshodi – 2.2 hectares
- Location 8: Amuwo-Odofin – 5 hectares
Central Business District CMS Marina
- Redevelopment of entire Marina strip starting from Apongbon to NECOM House (NITEL) at the end of Marina. The Government intends to have multi-level car parks, shops, offices and restaurants, all positioned in an integrated design.
- The available land area of the Marina strip measures 7.8 hectares. This will be for a ‘comprehensive development scheme including all state of the art features’.
Entities are required to submit proposals on or before the 31st of March 2016.
See the image below for a copy of the communique.
This post first appeared on EstateIntel and was authored by Dolapo Omidire. EstateIntel is a site for analysis and commentary on Nigerian real estate and investment markets. For more information, contact Dolapo via email email@example.com referencing Hutbay.