A lot of us have cabinets that don’t hit the ceiling. Have you ever wondered what to do with that awkward space above your kitchen cabinets? These usually maybe a built-in or they could be cabinets in any other room of the house.
- Display a Meaningful Collection: Do you have a collection that’s only collecting dust, hidden away in the basement or a closet? If you haven’t been able to find a place to showcase that collection, look no further than the space above your cabinets. The eye will naturally be drawn upward toward your finds, which have their own particular place to stand out. Salt and pepper shakers, vases, vintage letters and even books are ideal to display above cabinets.
- Bring in Faux Plants: The space above cabinets has a tendency to look sparse, bare and uninteresting. Every kitchen needs a few decorative pops, and that space can be the place to do it. If you need some green in your kitchen, purchase a few faux plants, put them in pots and rest them above your cabinets.
- Within Arm’s Reach: Despite the size of the kitchen, it always seems like more space is preferable. Try storing bulky or infrequently used kitchen items above the cabinets for a less cluttered approach.
- Install Glass to Show Off Special Objects: When installing new cabinets in your kitchen, consider including glass display cabinets above them. Complete with spotlights, these cabinets act as illuminated alcoves to set off special décor objects, including patterned plates and vases.
- Safe and Sound: It may seem scary while you’re putting them up there, but by storing breakable items above the kitchen cabinet, you can keep them away from small hands. Here, gorgeous glass jars add a personal touch to the kitchen and are stored safely out of harm’s way.
- Weave in an Art Gallery: Gallery walls are always a classic, decorative element to bring into any home. While they are timeless and traditional, it’s refreshing to see a gallery that’s presented in a new and different way.
- A Space Made for Décor: There are those random areas in our homes that seem to be begging for décor, but they tend to be a little awkward. The wall next to the front door. That open spot under the stairs. And the space above the kitchen cabinets, where it seems as if something should go there…but what? If the styling in your kitchen seems to be lacking in some way and needs just the thing to create a finished look, that space above the cabinets might be the answer.