The right choice of furniture goes a long way in creating a comfortable, classy, and charming appeal. When looking for a furniture range that suits your style, be sure to check that it is a perfect blend of function and luxury. Finalizing a furniture range that looks great is only one part of the design process. You need to ensure that it is comfortable, flexible, and strong enough to serve the intended use. Here are the things to consider before purchasing furniture:
Every person in the market looking to rent a real estate property expects to find a property that meets his or her needs and preferences. How then can one ensure that a rental real estate property will offer value for money? These are some factors to consider when renting a real estate property.
When thinking about flooring ideas for your homes, this article is for you. There are many types of floors that one can choose from depending on the cost and their preferences. The following are the best floor types for homes and which room they are best suited for.
When it reaches a time to own a home either through cash buying or a loan, it is prudent to consider using a real estate agent. It will avoid making a mistake that many people make and pay for it heavily. Today, there are numerous agents who can help you buy a home fast and conveniently. Hutbay is one such agency, and they have helped many people get their dream home. Choosing to use this method has the following benefits.
Tenant rights are more important than you probably realize and the first step towards protecting your rights as a tenant is to know what those rights are. Without knowing these rights, you put yourself at the mercy of landlords and caretakers in Nigeria. Before we delve into your rights as a tenant, let us start by establishing who a tenant is within the ambit of the law as well as the real estate space. A tenant is a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord and is subject to the payment of rent. With this established, let us proceed to examine tenant rights and what they mean to you as a tenant in Nigeria.
Here are the some challenges developers’ faces in the built environment
- The issues of Omo-onile: You have to part with a lot of money to get land and be able to use the land. If it’s a country where the government has got full control according to the 1978 Land Use Act, we would get assistance from them as partners whereby they provide the land while we provide the houses. If we can get the cost of land out of the budget of housing, we would be able to sell them at a very reduced rate. But in a situation whereby we have to pay for the land, taxes and what have you, I’m sorry we can’t have the affordable housing we wish for.
- Getting good people to work with: People are difficult to work with. A lot of them don’t want to work but want to get paid. To get the right people has always been difficult. A wise man once said you must earn your keep and keep your earn. There are still good people though. It’s just difficult to get them
- Contending with economic policies: This is a big task. The government sometimes come up with policies that could send you back to your village but you have to be able to manoeuver your way around it and still find a way to comply. Some of these policies have killed so many businesses but nonetheless, the government still tries to introduce policies that would favour us. Although, most of the policies they came up with so far have crippled our businesses.
- Funds: For instance, a house that you ordinarily want to sell for 40 million naira will have to be sold for as low as 20 million because you need off-takers to kick-start the business. When you get the money, you don’t look at the margin, you just want to build and deliver. At the end of the day, you would have lost a lot of money before you start selling at the original price.
- Infrastructure development: In a situation where you have to provide your roads, drainage, poles, strings, transformers, light etc. there is no way you can regulate your price. Infrastructural development is a huge burden which has really affected this business a great deal because if you don’t have what it takes to provide all these, you will be out of the business
- Trust: Trust has been abused by many developers. There are a whole lot of Nigerians in diaspora who wants to come back home and invest but they have been swindled by families and relatives. Their trust has been betrayed and they have become so hard to convince.
Image source: www.naij.com
At what point in life should an individual begin to consider acquiring a land and building his first house? Buying a house, is one of, if not the most significant investment most people make in their lifetimes.
The phrase ‘The sooner the better’ is often being thrown around in a lot of steps we take in our lives. But, this phrase could confuse a potential real estate investor. On one hand, those in their mid-20s to 30s are sometimes encouraged to consider the option to buy a house due to the availability of spare money, while on the other hand, those in late-40s or early-50s consider real estate as a liability of a lifetime.
However, it is wise to recognize where you are in life and you financial capabilities as you decide whether or not to buy.
Home ownership is a rite of passage many of us dream of. Owning a home means putting down roots and having a space that is truly yours. It’s a significant moment of your life when you finally own a home.
But owning a home can be daunting because of the responsibilities and obligations that come with it, combined with the initial process it takes to get there. When done properly, though, buying and owning a home is a process that limits your financial risk, increases your investment power, and saves you tons of money over the long term and it can even save you money immediately. Some advantages of owning a house are given below.
Proper electrical grounding is one of the easiest ways to increase both the life of your electronics and the safety of you and your family. In the simplest of terms, a “grounded” connection includes a connection between the ground and electrical equipment. In the case of most electrical devices, this is accomplished by using the third, round prong that you will recognize from your electrical outlets and many cords. When wired properly, this ground connection gives your devices and appliances a safe place to discharge any excess or misdirected electrical current. This can potentially save you from dangerous electrical shock, fire and other dangers. Here are few importance of proper grounding.
Lighting in your home is one of those items that you don’t always notice when it has a good presence and feeling when you’re in the space. Although, when the lighting is poor and you are trying to perform a task, or you feel the opposite of how you would like to feel in the space, you notice it immediately. Lighting is for ambiance, aesthetics, tasks, and seeing better in your home. Think about your home and if it has all the lighting qualities you would like. If your answer is no, here are some tips on how to choose the perfect lighting for you and your family.